A WHOLE NEW WORLD

Background

Jasten Allen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Samuel Ryder

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tarren James

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 6, 2010

Copy Cat

It is amazing how much kids see and copy. Tarren will follow us around and copy what we are saying and doing. Just this morning, I was working out and he was copying my motions I did with my arms. Most of the time it is cute, but there have been a few times that I have found not to be so funny. We were in Wal-Mart the other day waiting in line. There was a brother and sister in line in front of us with their mom. The boy kept hitting the girl and laughing. The girl just shrugged it off and pushed him away. Tarren was watching them intensely and then he turned to me, with a smile on his face, and raised his hand getting ready to hit me. I told him no and he put his hand down and looked at me confused. He looked back at the brother and sister and then back at me. I told him that hitting was not ok. We make sure and clarify with him now about things he sees. We like to watch America's funniest home videos and they have clips of kids that climb out of their cribs. Tarren always is very intrigued by it. Spencer tells him every time we see those clips, "Tarren that is a no no." It has worked so far. It just amazes me how much kids copy cat.

No comments:

Three most important people in my life

Three most important people in my life