A WHOLE NEW WORLD

Background

Jasten Allen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Samuel Ryder

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tarren James

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 25, 2010

He's here!

We went in on Saturday June 19th at 5:30 a.m. for me to be induced. I can truly say that it was a pretty painful experience. My doctor broke my water and it hurt really bad! Once that happened, they started me on pitocin to help get the contractions going. The contractions started coming pretty hard. I was dying for an epidural, but they couldn't give it to me because the doctor was in another c-section surgery. It was one of the longest waits of my life! I truly don't know how women do it without the epidural. It hurt a lot! I got the epidural and I was back in heaven. They checked me to see how I was progressing and I was at a 5. So, they considered it pretty good progression and allowed me to keep laboring. However, Samuel's heart rate dropped down and they came to move me around. They told me if it keeps happening they would have to do a c-section. So, we waited. The doctor came back an hour later and I was still at a 5. They left again and then not 5 minutes later a bunch of nurses and the doctor came in. Samuel's heartrate was dropping and it was dropping fast. A normal baby's heartrate is between 110-150. Samuel's got down into the 50's. So, off we went for a c-section. The reason why his heartrate was dropping was because he had his umbilical cord wrapped around his waist and as he tried to descend it was cinching tight around his waist. He was born at 1:37 p.m. So, I had my second c-section and from now on that is what we will have. My babies can't keep still in the womb and seem to get their cords all twisted up. They must get it from their father. :) We were released from the hospital on Tuesday and it is nice to be home. My body is getting better everyday. It is still a little painful to stand up and sit down, but it is much better than it was when I first came home. I am looking forward to being healed all the way. I think I am allergic to whatever they put on my stomach. I am itching out of control and I have a rash. So, it will be nice when it is all done. We are enjoying having our little bundle of joy home and it is quite the experience having two babies. Tarren is still not sure what is going on. He will come up and point to the baby and he starting to want to hold him, but he is also acting out. I can't pick him up because of my c-section and he just doesn't understand that. So, we have had quite a few crying fits. Anyways, here are some pictures of Samuel 1 day old.



2 comments:

123 checkoutourfamily said...

congrats! He's precious and I can't wait to hold him.

Lexie, Jacob, &, Dominic Bradshaw said...

yeah!!! i'm so glad he made it, finally! he looks beautiful i can't wait to hold him. congradulations!

Three most important people in my life

Three most important people in my life