A WHOLE NEW WORLD

Background

Jasten Allen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Samuel Ryder

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tarren James

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Potty Training

Oh Potty Training. I think it might be the death of me. I tried potty training Tarren in the Summer and he was doing really well with going pee and telling me when he had to go. He had a hard time with poop, but we kept trying. Once school started, he went backwards. He stopped telling me when he had to go and then he didn't even want to try. So, we put him back in a diaper. Fast forward to Christmas time. My mother-in-law offered to try and potty train him while we were there for the week. That went so-so. He started holding his poop and not going for days. So, we put him back in a diaper and then he started to go again. I figured he was going to be wearing diapers when he started school. After Christmas break, I was talking to one of my co-workers and she did the 3 day potty training book. So, we had a long weekend and I decided to try it. So far, it has worked. He has had a few accidents, but has done pretty good on the pee side of it. The poop side is another story. He knows how and he knows when it is coming. For awhile, he was getting prizes that he REALLY wanted and he would sit on the toilet and try until something came out. Now that those toys are all gone and some others are left that I guess aren't as desirable, he isn't trying. He just says, "I try later." The lady in her book said not to force them, but man it is hard not to make him stay and try to push. We know he has too because he is smearing in his underwear. He told me this morning, " mommy you need to buy more toys." I just can't do it. One...I am about to be broke from buying all of these things and Two...it makes me think he is holding it until he gets what he wants. I am going to try and hold out. He has to go sometime. I just hope it is in the toilet. :/

No comments:

Three most important people in my life

Three most important people in my life