A WHOLE NEW WORLD

Background

Jasten Allen

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Samuel Ryder

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tarren James

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas is coming!

I bought these house slippers for Tarren for Christmas or it was suppose to be for Christmas. I didn't get them put away before he saw them and he was so excited I couldn't take them away. He wears them every day in the house. When he wakes up in the morning he wants them on.
Samuel at 51/2 months.


He is thinking about putting his foot in his mouth...
and he does!

My sister gave us an advent calendar and this cute stuff to go along with it. Each day has something different in it to do with Christmas and with Christ. She has books to go along with the theme for the day and activities. Yesterday, the activity was a gingerbread house. Being the easy way out person I am, I bought a premade gingerbread house that you have to just decorate. First of all, the gingerbread tasted horrible. Second, the candy was not the best choice to put in there. It tasted as bad as the gingerbread. We decorated the house and Tarren seemed to enjoy it.

When we first started, I was not sure if it would be good to do this year because I thought that Tarren might not be old enough to get it. Boy was I wrong! He may not understand everything about what we are saying, but he knows it all has something do with Jesus. After the first couple of days, he started pointing to the calendar and saying Jesus. Mommy, I want to Jesus. I asked him if he wanted to read and he said yes and pointed to the scriptures. It really made me realize that little kids are like sponges and soak everything up...good or bad. Needless to say, next year I think we are going to make our own gingerbread house.



The side Tarren decorated.( I did the very top)

The side Spencer decorated.

Tarren liked the candy. The little red and green balls he couldn't get enough of. We dropped a lot on the floor that rolled away somewhere. He has been finding them all day today and gets excited as he puts it in his mouth.
The finished product. Thanks Aunt Trish for the great Christmas Present and ideas!

No comments:

Three most important people in my life

Three most important people in my life